Appointed March 2004
MHMR Board Service
- Board Chair, 2013- 2015
- Vice Chair, 2012-13
- Board Liaison to the Children’s Mental Health Community Advisory Committee and Addiction Services Community Advisory
- Business Committee, Chair 2007 – 2015, Member 2005 – present
- Technology Committee, 2007
- Trustee, 1992-2001, including board chair for two terms
- State-wide Task Force held by the Texas Department of MHMR, 1999-2000.
Roy Griffin is a retired Fort Worth ISD administrator. He has a bachelor’s degree in sociology and criminal justice from University of Texas Arlington as well as a master’s degree in urban affairs/criminal justice from UTA. Before being employed by the school district he worked at a mental health center in New Mexico, as a probation officer for Tarrant County and as a Regional Drug Abuse Counselor for the North Central Texas Council of Governments.