Susan Garnett, CEO, joined MHMR in 1996 as the leader of services for people with intellectual and
developmental disabilities. She has served many executive roles prior to being selected CEO in 2012.
She has developed new and innovative ways of serving our community.
Under her leadership, Tarrant County:
- Developed the first Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Developed new targeted resources for homeless persons
- Implemented an innovative program for youth at risk of
- Initiated county-wide mobile crisis mental health services
- Developed new transit initiatives for Tarrant County residents
- Works closely with community stakeholders to find solutions
that meet the needs of our residents
In addition to her work with MHMR, Susan has served on boards
and committees for local organizations. She has served as the
chair of the Mental Health Connection, on the board of The Arc
and currently serves on the board of Guardianship Services, Inc.
Susan’s collaborative work has been a hallmark of all her