At MHMR, we are committed to the principles of self-determination. We believe every person with IDD should have a say about what their life looks like, and a plan for how to obtain their goals and dreams.
For your support, we have a family member (a mother of a person with IDD), two self-advocates on staff to help guide the agency, and peer support groups to help reach these goals.
The Advocacy & Support Services staff is available to meet with people with IDD and their families.
Our staff can assist you in the following ways:
- Brainstorm with you about services or supports
- Give you information about local support groups and activities
- Attend meetings with you about your services
- Listen to your concerns
- Negotiate your concerns with service providers, if you request that help
- Help other staff members understand your concerns
- Help you understand your rights and responsibilities
Printable information about Advocacy and Support Service